Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reason #377437 Why My Kids Have The Best Dad

Carter woke up with croup. 

Dan has a cold so he was sleeping on the couch (so I wouldn't get it - reason #546478 why he's also the best husband). 

2:30am Carter comes in our room barking like a seal. He sees Dan isn't in bed so he goes downstairs to tell him. I follow him down to tell Dan I'll take him to the hospital. 

I go upstairs to get ready and to grab Carter some socks. When I go downstairs I see Dan and Carter sitting outside in the backyard (cold air is the only relief from croup). Dan's got a sweater on and Carter's bundled up in his winter coat.

I open the door and say "does he have socks on?" Dan replies "he does, but I don't." I look down and see Dan's got his bare feet on the patio. I tell him I'm ready. 

As they come inside I see that Carter has Dan's socks on. 

My heart melted a little. 


No comments: